Men of Noble Character
First Samuel – Chapter 16:7
7. But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
Daniel – Chapter 1:8
8. But Daniel resolved not to defile himself…
John – Chapter 7:24
24. Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.
What the Bible says regarding the character of man
First Chronicles – Chapter 28:9
9. And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every hearrt and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
Psalm – Chapter 15:2-5
2. He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart
3. And has no slander on tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellow man,
4. Who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts,
5. Who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.
Titus – Chapter 2:2, 6-7
2. Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and endurance.
6. Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled.
7. In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness.
Psalm – Chapter 128:1-4
1. Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways.
2. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.
4. Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord.
Behavior of Men with Women
First Timothy – Chapter 5:1-3
Instructions to Timothy:
1. …Treat younger men as brothers,
2. older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.
3. Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need.
Ephesians – Chapter 5:28-30
28. In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man is actually loving himself when he loves his wife.
29. No one hates his own body but lovingly cares for it, just as Christ cares for his body, which is the church.
30. And we are his body.
Matthew – Chapter 7:12
12. In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you…
Luke – Chapter 6:31
31. Do to others as you would have them do to you.