SEX IN MARRIAGE:
Purity in thought and action:
Ephesians – Chapter 5:3-7
3. But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
4. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
5. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person–such a man is an idolater–has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
7. Therefore do not be partners with them.
Philippians – Chapter 4:8
8. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things
Hebrews – Chapter 13:4
4. Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
The delights of the marriage bed:
Song of Songs – Chapter 2:6
6. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.
Song of Songs – Chapter 4:1-7, 9-11
1. How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead.
2. Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone.
3. Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate.
4. Your neck is like the tower of David, built with elegance; on it hang a thousand shields, all of them shields of warriors.
5. Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies.
6. Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, I will go to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of incense.
7. All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.
9. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.
10. How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!
11. Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride; milk and honey are under your tongue.
Song of Songs – Chapter 6:3
3. I am my lover’s and my lover is mine.
Song of Songs – Chapter 7:1-10
1. How beautiful your sandaled feet, O prince’s daughter! Your graceful legs are like jewels, the work of a craftsman’s hands.
2. Your navel is a rounded goblet that never lacks blended wine. Your waist is a mound of wheat encircled by lilies.
3. Your breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle.
4. Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon looking toward Damascus.
5. Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry; the king is held captive by its tresses.
6. How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights!
7. Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters of fruit.
8. I said, “I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit.” May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples, and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth.
10. I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me.
First Corinthians – Chapter 7:2-5
2. Since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
3. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
4. The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.
5. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
Hebrews – Chapter 13:4
4. Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.
Warnings against immorality:
Exodus – Chapter 20:14
14. You shall not commit adultery.
Leviticus – Chapter 18:6-18, 22
6. No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7. Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8. Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9. Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10. Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11. Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12. Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13. Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14. Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15. Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16. Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17. Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18. Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
22. Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Proverbs – Chapter 5:20-21
20. Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man’s wife?
21. For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths.
Matthew – Chapter 5:27-28
27. You have heard that it was said, “Do not commit adultery.”
28. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Proverbs – Chapter 6:23-29
23. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
24 keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.
25. Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes,
26. for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, and the adulteress preys upon your very life.
27. Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned?
28. Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched?
29. So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife; no one who touches her will go unpunished.
First Corinthians – Chapter 6:9-10
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
First Corinthians – Chapter 6:18-20
18. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Galatians – Chapter 5:19-21
19. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure,
20. idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,
21. envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Ephesians – Chapter 5:3-7 ( taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright © 1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
3. Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people.
4. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes – these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.
5. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is really an idolater who worships the things of this world.
6. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him.
7. Don’t participate in the things these people do.