Colossians – Chapter 3:12-17
12. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
13. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
14. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
17. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
The First letter of John – Chapter 4 :7-12
7. Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
9. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
10. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
11. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12. No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
Romans – Chapter 12:9-12
9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10. Be devoted to one another brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer .
Song of Solomon – Chapter 2:10-13
10. My lover spoke and said to me, “Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me.
11. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
12. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come. The cooing of doves is heard in our land.
13. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.”
Song of Solomon – Chapter 1:15-16
15. How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves..
16. How handsome you are, my lover! Oh, how charming! And our bed is verdant.
Song of Solomon – Chapter 4:9-15
9. You have ravished my heart, my treasure, my bride. I am overcome by one glance of your eyes, by a single bead of your necklace.
10. How sweet is your love, my treasure, my bride! How much better it is than wine! Your perfume is more fragrant than the richest of spices.
11. Your lips, my bride, are as sweet as honey. Yes, honey and cream are under your tongue. The scent of your clothing is like that of the mountains and the cedars of Lebanon.
12. You are like a private garden, my treasure, my bride! You are like a spring that no one else can drink from, a fountain of my own.
13. You are like a lovely orchard bearing precious fruit, with the rarest of perfumes:
14. nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, myrrh and aloes, perfume from every incense tree, and every other lovely spice.
15. You are a garden fountain, a well of living water, as refreshing as the streams from the Lebanon mountains.”
Strength of Love:
Song of Solomon – Chapter 8:6-7
6. Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
7. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.
First Corinthians – Chapter 13:4-8
4. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
5. or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
6. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
7. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
8. Love will last forever…
What is love?
First Corinthians – Chapter 13:4-8
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8. Love never fails.
Proverbs – Chapter 10:12
12. Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
John – Chapter 15:13
13. Greater love has no one that this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
Romans – Chapter 13:10
10. Loves does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
The First Letter of John – Chapter 3:18
18. Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
The First Letter of John – Chapter 4:18-19
18. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The man who fears is not made perfect in love.
19. We love because he first loved us.