THE IDEAL WIFE:
First Peter – Chapter 3:3-4
3. Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.
4. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
First Timothy – Chapter 3:11
11. In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.
Proverbs – Chapter 12:4
4. A worthy wife is her husband’s joy and crown; a shameful wife saps his strength..
Proverbs – Chapter 19:13
13. A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.
Proverbs – Chapter 21:9
9. Better to live on a corner of the roof than to share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs – Chapter 21:19
19. Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.
Proverbs – Chapter 11:16
16. A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth.
Proverbs – Chapter 12:4
4. A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
Proverbs – Chapter 31:10-31
10. Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies.
11. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
12. She will not hinder him but help him all her life.
13. She finds wool and flax and busily spins it.
14. She is like a merchant’s ship; she brings her food from afar.
15. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.
16. She goes out to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17. She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.
18. She watches for bargains; her lights burn late into the night.
19. Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber.
20. She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.
21. She has no fear of winter for her household because all of them have warm clothes.
22. She quilts her own bedspreads. She dresses like royalty in gowns of finest cloth.
23. Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council meeting with the other civic leaders.
24. She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants.
25. She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future.
26. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.
27. She carefully watches all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness.
28. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:
29. “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”
30. Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
31. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
Wives Submit to your Husbands
Ephesians – Chapter 5:22-24,33
22. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savoir.
24. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
33. …and the wife must respect her husband.
WOMEN DESIGNED TO BE MEN’S HELPER
Colossians – Chapter 3:18
18. Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
First Corinthians – Chapter 11:3
3. Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Genesis – Chapter 2:20-24
20. He gave names to all the livestock, birds, and wild animals. But still there was no companion suitable for him.
21. So the Lord God caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep. He took one of Adam’s ribs and closed up the place from which he had taken it.
22. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib and brought her to Adam.
23. “At last!” Adam exclaimed. “She is part of my own flesh and bone! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of a man.”
24. This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
First Corinthians – Chapter 11:8-9,11-12
8. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man;
9. neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
11. In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.
12. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.
RESPONSIBILITY OF WOMEN IN MARRIAGE
Proverbs – Chapter 14:1
14. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Titus – Chapter 2:3-5
3. Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
4. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
5. to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
First Peter – Chapter 3:1-2,5-6
1. In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over
2. by watching your pure, godly behavior.
5. That is the way the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.
6. For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, when she called him her master. You are her daughters when you do what is right without fear of what your husbands might do.
First Timothy – Chapter 2:9-10
9. I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
10. but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.